Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Compost king

SIR Peter Cundall talks about making compost today in the Weekly Times - and he makes it look so easy.

And it is...kind of.
Gidget helps me fertiliser one of our seven bins

Making compost in a cone bin I find, is a peice of cake.

A tumbling bin, less so. In fact I passed mine on to a work colleague as I had so little success. He however, has been so brilliant at making the chocolate old that his has worms blissfully at home there. In a tumbler.
Go figure, because it's beyond my ken.

Anyhow, now is the time to get into the weeding, shred newspapers, kitchen waste the chooks don't eat, along with a healthy does of their fertiliser and use it to make some great compost.

Your veggies, fruit trees and herbs will love it and their bounty will taste simply fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment