Saturday, September 29, 2012

Kool kipflers

I know it's AFL Grand Final day but if the rain stays away (hah!) it would be a marvellous time to plant the summer veggies while listening to the game on the wireless.

Or if it stays cold and gloomy I'll light the fire and have a yummy kipfler lunch while listening to the pre-match broadcast.

Last weekend I turned over the potato bed and dug up many kilos of gorgeous kipfler spuds.

AKA as German ginger spuds, these waxy gems are marvellous!

With a pale yellow skin and flesh, tossed in oil, sprinkled with rosemary and roasted with garlic they are a real treat.

Washing a few kilos of kipflers

I also grew some dutch cream and pontiacs - lovely spuds but not as tasty. 

Next time I'll aim to grow a few more varities.

No comments:

Post a Comment