Friday, May 17, 2013

Pumpkin chutney

WHILE scrunching up papers to light the wood heater the other night, the Australian's weekend magazine fell out of the pile and landed open on David Herbert's always interesting recipe page.

As I tossed in the pine cones, I noticed an intriguing recipe for pumpkin chutney.

Mmmm.

As my pumpkins look ready, I shall pull on my wellies and scramble about the veggie beds tomorrow, tapping on their thick hides for one that sounds hollow.

Hopefully the results will resemble this...


But even if they don't, I'm sure they will taste amazing.

Herbert is akin the Matthew Evans, Jill Dupleix and Stephanie Alexander - you know that their recipes will also ways turns out delish - even if my humble efforts don't good as wonderful, they always resemble the photo!

You can't ask for more than that.




No comments:

Post a Comment