Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cranberry Hot Cross Buns

HOT cross buns are on my mind and in my tastebuds this weekend.

So it's time to haul down the blank books where I have glued recipes torn from magazines,newspapers or downloaded and decide which yeast-based buns to make on Good Friday tomorrow.

One recipe which is a delight to bake and eat are Susie's Buns (scroll down to the second recipe under chick chick sandwiches).



I first heard them mentioned on the 3RRR Breakfaster's program a few years ago and I've made them each year since as they are sensational! Easy to make and yummy to eat and everyone seems to come back for seconds.

The cranberries add a different take on the usual spices and I like to use a little lemon zest along with the orange.

While the recipe says you can freeze leftover buns, they have always been consumed in my home within a couple of hours of coming out of the oven.
This is one time the chooks won't be getting to eat the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment