Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb...

RHUBARB and ginger pie is my new favourite treat.

After baking the rhubarb and ginger pie recipe I mentioned yesterday, I am happy to report the result while not looking as Martha-Stewarty as the recipe indicated, it tasted pretty darned fabulous.


My Ginger Rodger Pies - thankfully they taste better than they look!
Being dead simple to cook is a huge bonus too.

As I only had around 300g of rhubarb, I halved the recipe. (I'll confess to using prepared pastry as i was short of time having to dash off to hoof about the dance floor shortly after commencing cookery.) 

The pies came bubbling out of the oven just before I went to ballroom dancing classes and have been christened Ginger Rogers Pies in honour of the gal who did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Now I'll be looking to swap more eggs for rhubarb and next time will make the pastry from scratch and see how they freeze. They'll be just the thing to enjoy by the fire after a winter surf or cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment